Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Playing to Learn.. an excuse to play games in class, or actually helpful to your classroom experience?
Congratulations, you're reading my blog. Let me start off by saying you must be really bored if your here, hehe. Anway our topic of this blog is "Playing to Learn.. an excuse to play games in class, or actually helpful to your classroom experience?" For anyone who doesn't know playing to learn is a little doodaw we've done in my game design class. We pretty much play some approved games and consider it an assignment. Of course since it's school it can't be easy, so after a few days of this "playing to learn" we have to fill out a template on which games we thought were effective and so on. I'll go ahead and post a link to these game riiiight here ----->http://myglife.org/usa/wv/tvhswiki/index.php/Playing_to_Learn . Now back to the question is this playing to learn thing actually helpful? I think it has had a slight effect on my decision of what my game should be like, and it even gave me some time to relax in class. So there we get the best of both worlds. Well I do believe that pretty much sums up this post, good job on whoever read this, maybe you'll be back to see my other attempts at blogging.
Labels:
class,
design,
flash,
game,
playing to learn,
west virginia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steven, much improved blog posts from your original attempts, I must say! Yes, this class has a lot to it other than creating a game, but it's fun. And, I hope you learn more than you ever dreamed that you would and have fun doing it! Where's your music? I'm getting accustomed to being entertained when I'm reading these blog posts by listening to music and yours is toooooo quiet. Bring on the sound! Lauren has some pretty cool music. It's not your typical relaxing sounds. I teased her about her elevator music. You'll have to visit her blog and take a listen.
ReplyDeleteYour blog isn't bad. You just need to maybe sound a bit more professional. You make it sound like you're really tired cause you're typing this as soon as you woke up.
ReplyDelete